December 11, 2020, A message from our Pastor:
Warm greetings from your beloved Mission! We continue to think of you and pray for you during this Advent Season and during these most challenging days. With the newly imposed “stay at home” order in our region of the state, there are a few updates worth noting:
- All Masses at Mission San Diego will continue to be celebrated outdoors, including all Christmas Masses. Please dress accordingly. Face covering is required and Social distancing will be practiced.
- In light of the current 10:00pm curfew, the 10:00pm Christmas Eve Mass has been cancelled. Christmas Eve Masses will be offered at 2:00, 4:00, 6:00 & 8:00pm. Christmas Day Masses will be offered at 7:30, 9:00 & 10:30am/Spanish & 12:00 Noon. No 4:00pm Mass on Christmas Day.
- The Parish Office will remain open for “essential” business only. For the safety of our Priests and Office staff and to minimize the number of visitors in the Office area, all parish business will be conducted in the California Room. Face covering and Social distancing will be practiced.
- Saturday afternoon Confessions will be suspended until the “stay at home” order” is lifted. All three parish priests are available for individual Confession by appointment. Please contact the Parish Office.
- General Absolution will be offered at ALL Masses on the 4th Sunday of Advent, December 19-20. Instructions regarding this will be forthcoming.
All masses will continue to be taped and available on the Mission Website and/or YouTube for the foreseeable future. A special Christmas Mass will also be available online.
We are well aware of how much we appreciate the access we have to the Mass and to the Eucharist. And while we continue to be edified by our parishioners and friends who continue to attend daily and Sunday masses, we do encourage you to be prudent and cautious, particularly during these critical weeks that lie ahead. If you have a compromised health condition, for your own safety and wellbeing, we ask you to consider remaining at home since the obligation for Sunday Mass attendance has been lifted. Your safety and the safety of others is most important.
As we look forward to the celebration of the Birth of our Savior, let us continue to hold one another in prayer, as well as those who are being directly impacted by COVID-19. May God Bless and Keep you!
Fr. Peter M. Escalante