You have contacted the Mission Parish about having a Quinceañera here. It has been a traditional practice in Hispanic society to celebrate the fifteenth (quince años) birthday of a girl with a special religious celebration. The religious celebration focuses on thanksgiving and a renewal of the girl's Christian commitment. With this in mind, the following guidelines apply to those wishing to celebrate the Quinceañera at Mission San Diego de Alcalá.
- The family must be active and registered parishioners of Mission San Diego de Alcalá.
- The Quince must:
- Celebrate Sunday Mass weekly.
- Be enrolled in our parish's Religious Education program for youth; if applicable, be preparing for the Sacrament of Confirmation.
- Have already received her First Communion.
- The Quinceanera birthday blessing will take place at the Sunday Mass her and her family attend regularly.
- To set the date, contact should be made with the Director of Catechetical Ministry no later than two months before the desired date of the Quinceañera.